We say versatile and think of all the variations of the classic cat-eye look. It is amazing how just a flick of the lid can open up a world of possibilities for different looks, moods, or styles. Here are some variations on the classic cat-eye style. They’re also easy to recreate.
The reverse cat-eyed view
It’s easy to recreate this upside-down version of the classic cat-eye look. Apply a little primer to the eyes and then apply an eyeliner pencil along your lower waterline towards the inner corner. Then, extend the inner corner and then wing it to the outer corner. For a more sultry look, grab a blending tool and smoke the edges with a brush. To give the look some definition, use a flat brush that has been coated with eyeshadow to diffuse the edges. Mascara can also be used to dramatize your eyes.
A colourful affair
The easiest way to enhance your look is to swap out your black eyeliner for a coloured one. Ever heard of gelato ice cream as an eye pencil muse? Eight lovestruck pencils have been launched by Lakme Absolute Koh Ultimate The Gelato Collection. They add colour to your look, from the blues and greens of the oceans to the pinks and purples of Paris Hilton’s outfits. These pops of colour on a stick glide on your skin easily thanks to moisturising Ceramides.
A two-is-better-than-one look
Double-winged eyeliners pull your eyes up and outward, lifting and widening them easily. This look can be done in many ways. You can decorate your eyes with brightly colored designs or use glitter-laden eyeliner to draw the lines.
A stackable wing
This look is great for adding a splash of colour to your look, but without having to sacrifice the black on your lids. You can just add a color to the traditional line by using a coloured pencil.
Eyeliner is used to define the eyes and create the appearance of larger or smaller eyes. Eyeliner can be used to highlight different aspects of the eyes and create different looks. You can place eyeliner in different parts of your eye to create different looks. Eyeliner can be applied above or below the eyelashes, or both. Eyeliner is used to enhance the appearance of the eye. There are many colors available for eyeliners, including black, brown, and grey. However, there are also more exotic shades, such as pastels, bright primary colors and glitter-flecked colours.
Depending on its texture, eyeliner can be softly smudged or clearly defined. There are six main types of eyeliner available on the market: each produces a different effect.
- Liquid eyeliner is an opaque liquid that usually comes in a small bottle and is typically applied with a small sharp-tipped brush. It creates a clean, precise line. This type of eyeliner is best used to create sharp, winged eyeliner. Because liquid eyeliner gives a much heavier appearance, it is often only applied to the upper lash-line.
- Powder-based eye pencil is eyeliner in a wood pencil. It is generally available in dark, matte shades.
- Wax-based eye pencils are softer pencils and contain waxes that ease application. They come in a wide variety of intense colours as well as paler shades such as white or beige. Wax-based eyeliners can also come in a cone or a compact with a brush applicator.
- Kohl eyeliner is a soft powder available in dark matte shades. It is most often used in black to outline the eyes. It comes in pencil, pressed powder, or loose powder form. This type of eyeliner is easy to smudge.
- Gel eyeliner, which is a softer gel liner, that can be easily applied with an eyeliner brush. It can be precisely applied and is much softer than Kohl.
- Shimmer Liner, which is available in different bright colors applied on the upper as well as lower eyelid.